This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Problem with Installation ZORIN OS 7.1 Lite

Vital487

Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:24:41 pm

Hi guys! I need help.
I burn ZORIN OS 7.1 Lite in CD-RW and I run in my PC. Appears a list of 5 things: the first three say (I say in my words I don't copy) to test ZORIN OS 7.1 Lite and after install, the second say safe mode, and third to install. When I click in one of them appears a grey screen and after my monitor doesn't receive the signal of PC, don't have image.
Please answer this topic if you know how I can install ZORIN OS 7.1 Lite!

Greetings,
Vital487

Swarfendor437

Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:08:15 pm

Hi Zorin 7.1 is currently end of life - you should be installing Zorin 8 Lite but that ends soon!
You might want to wait for Zorin 9 Lite! :D

Anonymous

Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:54:35 pm

Hi

I saw that you have specified a CD-RW drive there. What is the size of Zorin Lite 7.1? If it is over 700 Mb so you can not install it from a CD. There should be a DVD. Zorin Lite 8 is 900 Mb, so you can not install it either from a CD. You have to look some other smaller distro or use a USBdrive for installing, if your computer can boot from a USB drive.

Alternatively you can use an external DVD drive connected to USB port, but to use a USBdrive is the simpler solution, if you have not an ext. DVD drive available.

Swarfendor437

Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:09:23 pm

Henriolavi wrote:Hi

I saw that you have specified a CD-RW drive there. What is the size of Zorin Lite 7.1? If it is over 700 Mb so you can not install it from a CD. There should be a DVD. Zorin Lite 8 is 900 Mb, so you can not install it either from a CD. You have to look some other smaller distro or use a USBdrive for installing, if your computer can boot from a USB drive.

Alternatively you can use an external DVD drive connected to USB port, but to use a USBdrive is the simpler solution, if you have not an ext. DVD drive available.

If he had a CD-RW (I think he made an error in posting) he would not have seen anything on screen - he did!

To the OP - if you still want to try Zorin Lite, press 'e' or the 'Tab' key when you see that menu to edit boot options to amend the boot code add:

Code:
acpi=off nomodeset
and see if you can boot into live mode.

Vital487

Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:13:17 pm

Now I know the problem: I have 2 GPU in my PC but I need to install a driver to my NVIDIA! I install with my other GPU (Intel) and after I install NVIDIA driver. At the moment I cant use NVIDIA GPU because GPU driver uninstall. I try to isntall driver but I cant. Please help me to install drivers in Zorin. When I install in first time I see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I273sdC4VH4 but now dont work.
Waiting answer!!!

Swarfendor437

Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:29:41 pm

Hi, Zorin 7.1 Lite is no longer supported as it ended sooner than Zorin 8 Lite - hopefully it won't be long before Zorin 9 Lite is released - hoping it will resolve your graphic issues! :D