This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

problem installing OS 8 alongside win 7 on my asus n56vz

alemejiasz

Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:50:42 pm

Hello, gents and lads. I apologize in advance for my english, which is far from perfect.
To the point, now. I bought my asus n56vz by the end of year 2012. It's great even today. I have been trying to get a hold of linux for quite some time already, and trying i found about zorin, downloaded an .iso and created a live usb stick. It was fantastic, first time i ever tried a linux that recognized all of my hardware, at least on live, correct?
I freed space on my 750 hdd, degrafmented, and created 150 gb of unused disk for my new installation. Everything was perfect, i got a screen which prompted me to use my whole disk, something different or install zorin alongside win 7 (64 bit). I choose the latter. Installation finishes without a single glitch, prompts to reboot, but when it restarts, it shows the windows screen saying something about damaged boot record, ask me to run repair or start normally. I choose normally, when i reboot from windows it goes to windows without prompting for anything.
So, what happened to grub screen?
I was searching the web and found out about EFI or UEFI, BIOS Boot, but i cant find any of those options on my BIOS.
Can anyone lend me a hand?
Thanks.

Swarfendor437

Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:31:32 pm

Hi, this is THE best way to do it! :D

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6075 - watch the video - it is BRILLIANT! :D

alemejiasz

Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:34:59 pm

Hey, thanks for the very fast reply! I'll get to it tonight after work and let you know how it worked. Thanks a lot.

Swarfendor437

Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:53:43 pm

If I don't have time this weekend, over the summer break I intend videoing the Matthew Moore method for dual booting alongside 7 and 8.1 (Windows). :D