This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Can't Even Get the Disc Burned!

AlliedForces

Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:26:50 am

I have tried burning Zorin to dvd THREE times now and it ALWAYS fails / errors out
at 97% !! I have been using K3B with default settings. I have NEVER had issues
with K3B. I tried rebooting and ONLY running K3B and didn't touch my PC until it
was supposedly done. Done at 97%??

Why the heck does it stop at 97% every time??

Swarfendor437

Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:06:31 pm

Hard to say - there must be some issue - do you have enough space left on your drive? images are pushed temporarily to space on the HD to go through to the burner. Just downloaded Zorin 9 and burned using xfburn on LXLE 14.04 64bit at auto setting - no issues at all - even when it peaked at 8x burn speed before dropping down to 4x. Have you tried other burn projects/media/cleaned the optical drive with a carbon brush disc?

stenno

Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:49:15 pm

not enough information for me :
version of zorin 9? 32bit? (don`t bother burning it found error with md5sum) do you have 2gb usb or sdcard I am usually burning them with 2gb sdcard and it`s faster than cd/dvd and also it produces no sound when reading

AlliedForces

Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:20:49 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hard to say - there must be some issue - do you have enough space left on your drive? images are pushed temporarily to space on the HD to go through to the burner. Just downloaded Zorin 9 and burned using xfburn on LXLE 14.04 64bit at auto setting - no issues at all - even when it peaked at 8x burn speed before dropping down to 4x. Have you tried other burn projects/media/cleaned the optical drive with a carbon brush disc?

I have not had any issues burning other distros. I have tried a dozen different distros in the past few months.
My drive is a 500 gig drive with only ONE linux distro installed, nothing else.

stenno wrote:not enough information for me :
version of zorin 9? 32bit? (don`t bother burning it found error with md5sum) do you have 2gb usb or sdcard I am usually burning them with 2gb sdcard and it`s faster than cd/dvd and also it produces no sound when reading

64 bit
Checked MD5 each time.
Yes, to to the usb / Don't know how to do that. Didn't care to learn. But I guess I should.

AlliedForces

Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:52:06 am

I just went on my wifi computer I rarely use and downloaded a new copy and burned. This pc is much older and never thought it would work, but I got it.
Now for trying 9 out. My biggest peeve with Zorin on past distros was the task bar/main panel. They say it's customizable... but EVERY time I tried selecting a different theme, it would either crash or dissapear altogether for some strange reason.

Swarfendor437

Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:01:08 pm

Hi, Keep us posted! ;)