This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED]Problems with installation oh zorin 9 core 32bit

stenno

Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:55:47 am

Hello,
The day before I installed zorin 8.1 32b from a livesdcard and everything went fine from the first try

Today I saw there`s new version and began installing (don`t know why but the first time I made a check from the unetbootin interface to check md5sums and it reported 2 files are broken or corrupted) I decided to ignore and continued with installation
got stuck at one point after enabled updates and only / selected as I have more partitions) (zorin 9 core 32b) so far I tried about 2 times and the second time it reported 2 corrupted files went on disabled updates and added /boot but it stuck again about after creating the password encryption phrase (I remember doing one more the last where it stuck 2 steps/lines after that)
Maybe there is something wrong with the iso so could you please check it

I`ll try to install it again and I`ll post the results I`ll also do a md5 check before installation
7343e84218d609575c97ae7afb4d86df /media/stenno/Data/zorin-os-9-core-32.iso but it refuses to mount so I`ll download a new one (3rd ot 4th so far)

cd download_directory
md5sum -c MD5SUMS

./isolinux/isolinux.bin: FAILED
./isolinux/boot.cat: FAILED
md5sum: WARNING: 2 computed checksums did NOT match

not good that boot is problematic and the isolinux too

Swarfendor437

Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:08:49 pm

OK not checked out the Core version yet but certainly it appears to be an issue on the md5sum issues. As regards to encryption, you should NOT attempt that at point of install! Or use CAPITALS in user name. :D

In the meantime, PM the Administrators about the md5sum issue: AZorin and zorink. :D

stenno

Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:37:58 pm

and so I downloaded ubuntu 14.04 32bit and got the 2 files from it checked it in terminal said ok checkind it after boot said ok and now I am again trying to install it but it takes way too long time to do so (compared to usually)
here`s where I am stuck this time actually can`t copy from installation terminal
zorin-os user-setup: Enter your mount passphrase [leave blank to generate one] from 13:46 to 14:11
zorin-os kernel: [ 2630.880776] perf samples too long (5004 > 5000), lowering kwenel.perf_event_max_sample_rate to 25000 from 14:11 to 14:17
zorin-os CRON[25653]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly) from 14:17 up to now

Swarfendor437 I mailed the admins but got no reply so far and I kinda don`t want to install 64bit version because I am with 3gb ram and my laptop isn`t very fast but maybe only as a temporary replacement yes but first I`ll wait some more

half an hour without change and I am getting the 64 bit version

stenno

Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:35:24 pm

the 64bit version stopped at the same time (passphrase time)
I still have the iso for zorin 8 32b that worked perfectly and I am wondering to install it or not

Swarfendor437

Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:31:28 pm

Hi, could you tell me what you mean when you state 'pass phrase'? Thanks! :D

stenno

Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:06:13 am

sure I mean when it gets to this point
zorin-os user-setup: Enter your mount passphrase [leave blank to generate one]
before that things happened for 2 mins max but after this I feel like things happen in hours although I haven`t waited more than 30 minutes

here`s the dialoge from the last 32b version and how things went in time

zorin-os user-setup: Enter your mount passphrase [leave blank to generate one] from 13:46 to 14:11
zorin-os kernel: [ 2630.880776] perf samples too long (5004 > 5000), lowering kwenel.perf_event_max_sample_rate to 25000 from 14:11 to 14:17
zorin-os CRON[25653]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly) from 14:17 up to now (that was 30 minutes)

Swarfendor437

Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:29:47 pm

Hi, I will try and download Core over the next few days and see if I have similar issues - currently playing live with Ultimate.

stenno

Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:08:57 pm

I made it
changed a few things:
1:the partition another space and it happened
2:username instead of stenno I used 1 letter same for password
3:no updates during instalation and no encrypted home
I run it import home/settings/packages and some bugs start I`ll see how I`ll repair them
Thanks for the help with the iso when I unarchived it and checked it it was ok.
(btw it installed from the 2nd time the first it was with the old settings and I wasted more than an hour

Swarfendor437

Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:22:06 pm

Hi I am having major issues with Ultimate 32-bit which I wanted to show in dual boot for windows - no matter what speed I choose it always burns up to 8x on the Blue Ray burner - Gets to 'almost finished copying files' - should then go to 'Installing System' and it doesn't just a continual loop. Burnt a second disc and put in external DVD-RW and goes blank after glowing Z then no activity whatsoever! :roll:

stenno

Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:24:21 pm

strange
try using usb flash memory or sdcard wasting dvds for tries of install is no good

currently I am not using it as it had major issues with python and didn`t wanted to update and wherever I clicked on sofftware center i was closed after less than half a second

and about windows I have disk with that and if I get some free time I`ll try installing it on one partition that I prepared for that (idk if 26gb will be enough but I don`t intend to keep anything inside)

Swarfendor437

Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:33:45 pm

Just to update it was a lack of patience on my part - Ultimate takes forever to install - I have abandoned the Windows and Zorin DE altogether - life is now calm once more! :D

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7878