This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[MOVED] Chromebook

stuartb

Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:11:39 pm

hi,
i have an acer C729P, intel celeron 1.4Ghz 4gb ram, will be updating ssd 16gb to a 128gb ssd before trying to set up dualboot to zorin lite.
has qnyone successfully added zorin via chrubuntu or crouton, or can you only install the distros they have listed?
If so can anyone advise the script code to do so, apt-get ******** whatever to install from zorin on usb stick?
chrubuntu forums dont mention zorin...dont know why, its the best easiest and most stable linux/ubuntu .
Has anyone installed zorin to an intel chromebook, if i just load zorin dualboot in the normal way then run chrubuntu scripts to modify kernel, drivers etc to get chromebook up and flying?

P.S. i have read the resources above and more, the best I can get there is xubuntu or lubuntu,
Bodhi also make a c720 specific kernel OS. but i want zorin, anyway to combine the two?

cheers
stuart

Swarfendor437

Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:14:48 pm

Hi, have moved your post as it is slightly different and not to get confused with the OP issues in other thread! ;)

Can't advise other than what I posted there!