This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

OS9 Core install problem - SOLVED

GEWB

Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:36:31 pm

Trying to install latest OS9 Core build. Have Windows 7-64bit (bootable) on 145GB NTF (MBR not GPT), then 50GB unallocated, finally 270GB NTFS for storage.

> Boot to OS9 CD - click INSTALL. The installer default setting does not recognize ANY partitions - claims full blank drive with no operating system.
> Tried the "other" install choice but it wiped the partition table even though I backed out of the install. :evil: Spent a day recovering the drive.
> Next booted into OS9 CD and tried to install from within the live version - same result: doesn't find an operating system or any partitions on the drive.

Ideas how I can install to my HD without wiping out the existing partitions?

Regards,
GEWB

Swarfendor437

Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:09:06 pm

Hi, I am in the process of creating a video but OpenShot Video editor keeps on crashing! :cry: In the meantime, please go to this thread I created and in particular that YouTube link! ;)

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6075

GEWB

Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:52:33 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi, I am in the process of creating a video but OpenShot Video editor keeps on crashing! :cry: In the meantime, please go to this thread I created and in particular that YouTube link! ;)

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6075

Thanks - I'll load Windows in a VM so I can run Flash.

Regards,
GEWB

GEWB

Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:35:19 am

I installed the drive into a different system configuration, loaded my Mandriva Linux installation and gpart does NOT find the partitions either. Loaded a live version of Puppy Linux - same thing.

Soooo, the problem is with my Windows configuration on that drive. Time to format and start over.

Regards,
GEWB

GEWB

Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:22:29 pm

SOLVED

Problem was the SATA hard drive going bad - it only had 12,500 hours on it.

Installed new drive and Z-OS9 installed with no problem.

Only major issue is my printer keeps spitting out blank pages. I'll work on it.

Regards,
GEWB

Swarfendor437

Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:32:46 pm

Hi, what is the printer - can you start a new thread please? Just as an aside, please when installing a Printer use the following Method:

1. Open a terminal (Ctrl+ Alt+ T) and enter:

Code:
system-config-printer

2. Click on 'Add' printer - follow the necessary steps.

Any issues, please start a new thread in 'Help and Support' section of the forum! :D