This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Can't Install Zorin 9 Core

GreenBear

Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:14:24 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to install Zorin 9 Core on my netbook to replace the Windows XP OS that was preloaded when I purchased it. My netbook meets the requirements necessary to install the latest 32 bit version of Zorin.

I successfully downloaded the newest release of Zorin via Firefox. I also successfully burned the downloaded files to a DVD using BurnAware at the slowest speed available (3x). My problem is that the disc won't boot. I first tried letting it boot by turning my netbook off and restarting it with no success then I changed the boot options to "boot from USB DVD Drive", but still have had no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions or should I just purchase the DVD?

Thanks!
GreenBear

Anonymous

Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:24:42 pm

Look at the link below.
This might help you you out with your installation.
if your installation starts to freeze on you .... before or during the process.

Link :http://www.zoringroup.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7913

GreenBear

Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:36:21 pm

The install doesn't freeze it just doesn't do anything and even when I change the boot options it still does nothing.

Anonymous

Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:47:57 pm

Do you have a [USB flash drive ] handy.
That works a whole better on Netbooks.
That is make a USB installation.

You didn't by any chance extract Zorin OS Core ISO file before burning the DVD.
Reason I asked some think they have to before burning.
Not saying you don't know the difference.
Just in case ... the core iso download is to be burn as is without being extracted.
Extracting the iso file will make it become non-boot.

Swarfendor437

Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:51:59 am

Did you check the md5 sum before burning? Have you cleaned your optical drive with something like a Carbon Edge Pro cleaner from Allsop? ;)

GreenBear

Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:10:43 pm

I discovered that the problem was a corrupted file, so I downloaded the OS a second time and now everything is working fine.

Thanks!