This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[MOVED] Also having install issues

ltsarven

Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:22:39 pm

Hello,
I recently installed zorin os 8 gaming on my laptop with no issues (HP Pavilion dv7-7121nr Entertainment Notebook)(640GB 5400rpm hdd, 6 GB DDR3 Ram, AMD x64 Vision A8-4500M with Radeon HD 7640G,) I've been running windows 8 on this machine for several months before I decided to add a linux partition. after searching i settled on zoring os 8 gaming and it ran flawlessly, no problems at all, not even installing or partitioning my drive from the live usb i made. So i downloaded the new zorin OS 9.1 Core x64 and tried to install it several times between yesterday and this morning. I'm not sure what is wrong as each time whether i select to run the live version or install directly i get the same result. I get a full screen terminal readout stating its loading kernels but never makes it any further. i let it sit on this screen for up to an hour with no change. i have no control of any functions on the comp during this and have to do a hard power down to reboot the system. upon restart it will boot back into windows 8 with no issues. i thought i may have downloaded the wrong version or gotten a corrupt download so i have redownloaded and verifed all files with the same end result. i will upload a screenshot shortly as i didnt think about it before posting to the forum.
Any help would be greatly accepted.
Thanks

Swarfendor437

Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:06:00 pm

Hi, and welcome - Please read this for future reference when posting - thanks:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7393

Please take a look at madvinegar's post here - does this help?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8106#p39148 :D