This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] GnoMenu Issue

Gonz

Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:16:37 pm

Been using Zorin for a week now and has been glitch free :D

However, this morning I noticed that the Zorin button for the Gno Menu is replaced by the Ubuntu button. I restarted the system to see if the Zorin button would appear and now the Ubuntu button is replaced by the Gnome footprint button. Also - the shut down button is now @ the top of the menu (before was @ bottom). I went into the preferences for Gno and the Zorin button is selected - ?
I tried changing the preferences for the menu and it always looks the same no matter what I change.

Been using an older version of Gnome for a long time - don't know if this is an issue with this newer version.

madvinegar

Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:54:28 pm

Hi.
Have you tried changing look, logout and in, and then changning back to your look, logout and in?

Gonz

Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:16:58 pm

yes I tried that at first. Now the entire bottom panel is @ about 30% opacity and I have lost the ability to click on anything there and cannot access anything now. BTW I am on Zorin 6 32bit - latest build. At this point don't know if it's an issue with awn or gnome :?:

madvinegar

Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:08:48 pm

If you navigate to the following folder

/home/yourusername/.config/awn

What subfolders do you see inside? (you will have to press ctrl+H to see ".config" as it is a hidden file).

I am seeing
"applets" (0 items)
"launchers" (0 items)
"themes" (0 items)
and "sources.list".

Inside sources.list I see
/usr/share/avant-window-navigator/themes local
/home/mike/.config/awn/themes local
/usr/share/avant-window-navigator/applets local
/home/mike/.config/awn/applets local

Do you see the same files/entries? Or do you see any extra file (i.e. named "custom").

Gonz

Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:32:02 pm

had to go thru nautilus since i cannot access any menu from the bottom panel:

'applets' =0
'launchers' = 8 ... (note: launchers are not showing anymore)
'themes' = 0

source.list:
/usr/share/avant-window-navigator/themes local
/home/gonz/.config/awn/themes local
/usr/share/avant-window-navigator/applets local
/home/gonz/.config/awn/applets local

madvinegar

Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:44:53 pm

You could try deleting all the contents from the "launchers" folder, reboot and see if that helped.
Backup the contents, just in case.

Gonz

Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:06:07 pm

still the same after deleting them ...

don't know why the panel is at what seems a 30% tint ... this is preventing me from going into the panel's preferences or accessing the menu.

Gonz

Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:33:48 pm

yikes ! - got it all back thru the 'Ubuntu Tweak' ticked on (ZorinOS) :oops: - sorry for the hoopla ...
http://i.imgur.com/3dykp.png
Thanks madvinegar for the suggestions ... after 3 years with mint, the ubuntu tweak was something new for me ;)

... I'm still not sure why I lost the logo in the first place.

madvinegar

Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:21:10 pm

Your desktop is super!