[SOLVED] Tweaking Zorin 7 Theme

Re: [SOLVED] Tweaking Zorin 7 Theme

Postby gary.zw » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:23 am

Just wondering if there is a way to change the titlebar color where it says gedit? I really like the them overall.

See pic--

titlebar.png
gary.zw

Postby datek1 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:01 am

gary.zw > Wolfman > Swarfy > Madvinegar > and whomever else this may concern, back when Zorin OS 7 RC came out I was playing around with installing Awn-Applets-All from either synapttic or terminal can't really recall exactly. One thing I do remember was... while watching the installation some of the Awn-Applets...were seeming to be overwriting > replacing one another. What i think was happening as the default customization >configuration that Zorin Group had as default making things work right were getting wiped away. When that happened Avant Desktop Manager Awn was shot > ruined... no way of fixing that screw up that I could see. So make a long story even shorter whomever should be very ...very careful when messing around with Zorin Groups custtomization in relation to the Avant Desktop Manager > Awn Settings. One will end up doing a new clean install afterward.

Either that or the radiation I've been zapped with is having me hallucinating big time.

PS Now that I'm thinking Straight...that crazy mishap happened when the Avant - Window - Navigator was getting reinstalled again over top what Zorin Group had originally had configured from the get > go !!!!!
datek1

Postby gary.zw » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:08 am

Thanks good to know datek1-- but just changing a color should not effect the things you mentioned? Or should it?
gary.zw

Postby datek1 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:28 am

gary.zw wrote:Thanks good to know datek1-- but just changing a color should not effect the things you mentioned? Or should it?

Nothing concerned with changing/editing colors and what I mentioned earlier. Just adding my two-cents worth to warn of what the possibilities that can happen if one is careless not paying attention as to what they are doing with the Awn-settings.
datek1

Postby Wolfman » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:32 am

gary.zw wrote:Just wondering if there is a way to change the titlebar color where it says gedit? I really like the them overall.

See pic--

The attachment titlebar.png is no longer available

Hi,

Open Tweak Tool > Theme > Current theme and select what you want there!!.
Tweak Tool_011.jpg

AWN settings is covered in the post install guide including colours/themes etc!!. (about 2/3 of the way down!!):

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054

You can also install Ubuntu Tweak if not already installed!.

Regards Wolfman :D

Kindness is something that the blind can see and the deaf can hear :)

Preparation and planning prevent poor performance! :)

Free Ubuntu User Manual: https://ubuntu-manual.org/
Wolfman

Postby gary.zw » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:33 pm

Wolfman wrote:
gary.zw wrote:Just wondering if there is a way to change the titlebar color where it says gedit? I really like the them overall.

See pic--

titlebar.png

Hi,

Open Tweak Tool > Theme > Current theme and select what you want there!!.
Tweak Tool_011.jpg

AWN settings is covered in the post install guide including colours/themes etc!!. (about 2/3 of the way down!!):

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054

You can also install Ubuntu Tweak if not already installed!.

Yes but I only wanted to change the color of the title bar from the grey color and change nothing else. I like the minimize, maximize and close buttons.
gary.zw

Postby Wolfman » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:55 pm

Hi,

I found this, I hope its what you want:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/286590/a ... 2-10-13-04

Kindness is something that the blind can see and the deaf can hear :)

Preparation and planning prevent poor performance! :)

Free Ubuntu User Manual: https://ubuntu-manual.org/
Wolfman

Postby gary.zw » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:04 pm

Wolfman wrote:Hi,

I found this, I hope its what you want:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/286590/a ... 2-10-13-04

Thanks Wolfman but that changes the progress bar not the title bar--the title bar is at the top of the window frame --it says the title of the window.
gary.zw

Postby gary.zw » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:33 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:Hi gary.zw, is this what you are after? :D

19.png

00.png

Sort of yes-- don't want to change the GTK theme from the Zorin theme though only the color of the title bar. I want to keep the new minimize, maximize and close buttons.
gary.zw

Postby datek1 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:58 pm

gary.zw in reality that isn't going to happen long as the indicator 3 applet is used.
Anway can't have everything, but I did make life a little easier using the panel along with the themes for all the members/users.
Take a look here below !!!! :D :D

Link : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4870
datek1

PreviousNext

Return to Help and Support