This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Tweaking Zorin 7 Theme

gary.zw

Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:49:47 pm

Have Zorin 7 installed and so far love it but would like to do a little tweaking on the theme. Is there a way to make the bottom panel transparent on the end like it is the center part? If this is done I think the text color would also have to be changed if so how to change the text color?

See pic--

panel.png

Wolfman

Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:53:57 pm

Hi Gary,

give me about an hour, I am in the process of adding more info about AWN to the guide:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054

(See about half way down in a hour!)

Regards Wolfman :D

Wolfman

Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:15:41 pm

Okay Gary, check out the guide now!!.

Anonymous

Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:19:18 pm

Wolfman and whomever these two webpages are a great benefit with the Awn panel trying to your tweak the colors.

Link : http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colorvalues.asp

Link : http://www.color-hex.com/color/ffffff

Wolfman

Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:25:00 pm

Interesting D1, very interesting!!. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks and regards Wolfman :D

gary.zw

Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:40:58 pm

Wolfman wrote:Okay Gary, check out the guide now!!.

Thanks Wolfman and datek1 I got the panel transparent but I can not find where to get the part with the clock transparent?

Wolfman

Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:44:58 pm

I don't know; sorry!. Maybe Datek1 can help you?.

gary.zw

Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:46:51 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:I don't know if things have changed since 6 (I am still downloading 64-bit!) but open synaptic and search for 'awn-applets-all' - once you have these installed you can add various clocks/calendars that will match your transparency! :D

Just did as you suggested and 'awn-applets-all' is not found

Wolfman

Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:55:10 pm

gary.zw wrote:
swarfendor437 wrote:I don't know if things have changed since 6 (I am still downloading 64-bit!) but open synaptic and search for 'awn-applets-all' - once you have these installed you can add various clocks/calendars that will match your transparency! :D

READ THE GUIDE!!

gary.zw

Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:43:28 pm

Wolfman wrote:
gary.zw wrote:

READ THE GUIDE!!

Thanks another problem solved

gary.zw

Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:23:12 am

Just wondering if there is a way to change the titlebar color where it says gedit? I really like the them overall.

See pic--

titlebar.png

Anonymous

Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:01:40 am

gary.zw > Wolfman > Swarfy > Madvinegar > and whomever else this may concern, back when Zorin OS 7 RC came out I was playing around with installing Awn-Applets-All from either synapttic or terminal can't really recall exactly. One thing I do remember was... while watching the installation some of the Awn-Applets...were seeming to be overwriting > replacing one another. What i think was happening as the default customization >configuration that Zorin Group had as default making things work right were getting wiped away. When that happened Avant Desktop Manager Awn was shot > ruined... no way of fixing that screw up that I could see. So make a long story even shorter whomever should be very ...very careful when messing around with Zorin Groups custtomization in relation to the Avant Desktop Manager > Awn Settings. One will end up doing a new clean install afterward.

Either that or the radiation I've been zapped with is having me hallucinating big time.

PS Now that I'm thinking Straight...that crazy mishap happened when the Avant - Window - Navigator was getting reinstalled again over top what Zorin Group had originally had configured from the get > go !!!!!

gary.zw

Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:08:56 am

Thanks good to know datek1-- but just changing a color should not effect the things you mentioned? Or should it?

Anonymous

Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:28:28 am

gary.zw wrote:Thanks good to know datek1-- but just changing a color should not effect the things you mentioned? Or should it?

Nothing concerned with changing/editing colors and what I mentioned earlier. Just adding my two-cents worth to warn of what the possibilities that can happen if one is careless not paying attention as to what they are doing with the Awn-settings.

Wolfman

Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:32:17 am

gary.zw wrote:Just wondering if there is a way to change the titlebar color where it says gedit? I really like the them overall.

See pic--

The attachment titlebar.png is no longer available

Hi,

Open Tweak Tool > Theme > Current theme and select what you want there!!.
Tweak Tool_011.jpg

AWN settings is covered in the post install guide including colours/themes etc!!. (about 2/3 of the way down!!):

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054

You can also install Ubuntu Tweak if not already installed!.

gary.zw

Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:33:56 pm

Wolfman wrote:
gary.zw wrote:Just wondering if there is a way to change the titlebar color where it says gedit? I really like the them overall.

See pic--

titlebar.png

Hi,

Open Tweak Tool > Theme > Current theme and select what you want there!!.
Tweak Tool_011.jpg

AWN settings is covered in the post install guide including colours/themes etc!!. (about 2/3 of the way down!!):

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054

You can also install Ubuntu Tweak if not already installed!.

Yes but I only wanted to change the color of the title bar from the grey color and change nothing else. I like the minimize, maximize and close buttons.

Wolfman

Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:55:51 pm

Hi,

I found this, I hope its what you want:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/286590/a ... 2-10-13-04

gary.zw

Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:04:48 pm

Wolfman wrote:Hi,

I found this, I hope its what you want:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/286590/a ... 2-10-13-04

Thanks Wolfman but that changes the progress bar not the title bar--the title bar is at the top of the window frame --it says the title of the window.

gary.zw

Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:33:46 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:Hi gary.zw, is this what you are after? :D

19.png

00.png

Sort of yes-- don't want to change the GTK theme from the Zorin theme though only the color of the title bar. I want to keep the new minimize, maximize and close buttons.

Anonymous

Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:58:07 pm

gary.zw in reality that isn't going to happen long as the indicator 3 applet is used.
Anway can't have everything, but I did make life a little easier using the panel along with the themes for all the members/users.
Take a look here below !!!! :D :D

Link : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4870

gary.zw

Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:09:39 pm

datek1 wrote:gary.zw in reality that isn't going to happen long as the indicator 3 applet is used.
Anway can't have everything, but I did make life a little easier using the panel along with the themes for all the members/users.
Take a look here below !!!! :D :D

Link : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4870

Very nice-- I did fugure that out about the indicator 3 applet but what you have done looks very good.